Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blast From the Past

I was digging though some old pictures and found this gem. The Cheetah Sneaks first promo pic. This is from 1996, shot outside Picante in Lafayette. We were an acoustic trio, fromleft to right Jared - Guitar, Brandon - Bass, Craig - Vocals. A few months after forming we played every other Saturday at Picante warming up the Karaoke crowd, and every Thursday at Bisbano's Cellar Door. We held that Bisbano's gig for almost a year, and it was where we became a band. Somehow we managed to fill 3 one-hour sets and got paid $90. Plus some beer. I still can't believe Cookie would drive over an hour all the way from Morgan City for these shows, but we were committed to making this work. Those were some good times.

I'll put up some more old Cheetah Sneaks pics and If anyone out there has more, e-mail them to me. Let me know any funny stories about the earliest incarnation of the Sneaks with some comments.

2 comments:

Brandon Daigle said...

I believe that first show at Picante's revealed a 13 minute rendition of 'Rooster' by Alice In Chains. 13 minutes of wrong chords and intense sweating. Geez I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

No yit. also, during that year of us playing every Thursday night at Bisbano's, we also played every other Wednesday at Tampico's. Jared's right, not once did we cancel. good effort, dudes! we gave it a run. the best years of my life so far were playing with the Sneaks.