Sunday, October 23, 2005

LSU will give me a God Damn Heart Attack

"I'm gettin' too old for this shit." - Sgt. Roger Murtaugh

That's how I feel every time i've watched LSU this year. Don't they know I work early on Sunday mornings? I can't keep staying up til 12:30 on saturday nights, risking cardiac arrest, watching LSU go to overtime or have to come back in the 4th quarter every week. This team is about as lucky as any I've ever seen. They lead the nation in penalties. They are worst in the SEC in turnover margin. They are also 5-1. I'm gonna say it was the "magic" of Tiger stadium on a Saturday night. The crowd was just incredible. They forced Auburn to burn all their timeouts by being so noisy, the players couldn't hear the QB's audible, so they called timeout to avoid delay of game penalties. And I think they rattled Auburn's sorry-ass kicker. HE MISSED 5 FIELD GOALS! This is the same guy behind last years infamous 2nd extra point game.

RECAP: Last year, Auburn scores late to tie LSU, an extra point wins it. This loser kicker misses the xtra point, but LSU is penalized with some obscure penalty that a defensive guy jumped on a linemen illegaly of something (Jim Haslet would call that a "Chickenshit" call.) So they kick again, Auburn wins, goes undefeated.

That magical tiger stadium wind was pushing kicks all over, even tiger kickers missed 2 field goals. But how does Auburn RB Kenny Irons rush for 218 yards and they lose!! And LSU's sorry ass recievers Dwayne Bowe and Early Doucet drop passes in the endzone that hit them IN THE NUMBERS ON THEIR DAMN JERSEYS!?!?! Jamarcus Russell was by no means impressive, but at least he didn't put the ball on the grass. The defense was great in a bend don't break kind of way. But this team is living on luck. And keeping me up late on Saturdays. And even though I complain, I still love it.

At least I won't see them play the next two weeks versus North Texas and Appalacian State (what happened to playing an in state team every year, Skip?) But I'll be looking forward to a 7-1 LSU vs 9-0 Alabama game on November 12. It's in Bama, but LSU ownes them in 'bama. Mark it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Yes, we are the luckiest turds ever. But at least we are winning. I'm going to the Bama game. Maybe I will bring LSU some more luck.