Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Miss Biscuitville, U.S.A.

I spent this last weekend in High Point, North Carolina at the Miss North Carolina USA pageant. I was employed as a videographer and basically had to capture on video everything these young women did including rehearsals, clowning around, and the pageant itself. Great situation, right? In a hotel for the weekend with a legitimate reason to hang around 120 gorgeous girls. Oh, wait, too bad I'm 28, married, and fat. This would have been a dream vacation if I was 21........well I still had fun and made some jack to boot. But what I bring away from this weekend , more then anything I saw, was.....Biscuits. I ate more biscuits then ever before in my life! It started out innocently enough. My two co-workers (Brett and Cecil) and I passed a KFC-looking place called Biscuitville. WOW! We just had to stop and try it! And wouldn't you know it, they served biscuits. And nothing but Biscuits! You really only got a choice of what you wanted INSIDE your biscuit. Sausage, Egg, chicken, steak, chicken fried steak, you name it, they slammed it in a biscuit and charged you $3. The rest of the time, we depended on the catering supplied to the girls for our meals. Well, on Saturday, after a meager lunch of ham and cheese sandwiches, we scrounged for some food and found some...Biscuits. Burger King Biscuits to be exact. I had 2. they were cold. Well we didn't have time for a proper dinner, so we asked on of the pageant assistants to get us some of the food from the contestents dressing room. She came back with some...Biscuits. The were Burger King, but they were hot. By this time, i was at my biscuit limit. The pageant started and when the top 15 came out in their evening gowns, they lead a big poodle on stage. And what do you suppose the name of the poodle was ........... Fifi? ....... No ........... it was ................................................... BISCUIT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, in some parts of of North Carolina its considered a delicacy to poor some gravy over a poodle...


Scotty D