Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Race to the Oscars Preshow!

Its Oscar time, folks, and I’m going to try to repeat my Race to the Oscar blogs as I did last year. A whopping 45 different films received nominations this year, of which I’ve seen 7. Only 7 others are currently available on DVD with 7 more to be release between now and Oscar Night (Feb 24, I think) SO…I’ll knock out 21 films and try to at least see the Best Pic noms in theaters. Just goes to show you how weighted the nominations are with current films and a lot of earlier releases get screwed. I think the best film to be screwed this year was Zodiac, a film I absolutely loved but received no love from the Academy, and how can 300 not get a visual effects nomination? That’s lunacy. A writing nomination for Judd Apatow was deserved for either Knocked Up or Superbad, take your pick (THE great debate of 07: Knocked Up or Superbad?) Anyway, reviews and analysis will follow soon, all of which you may shamelessly plagiarize and use to impress your friends around the water cooler. Stay Tuned!

No comments: